Until now, many people only know the benefits of corn for health, not knowing that corn also has many benefits regarding beauty. Consuming corn will make our skin more beautiful. According to the study, corn contains an abundance of vitamin E which helps promote cell division, prevent wrinkles on the skin, have an effective effect in the process of anti-aging, which in turn gives your skin a smooth and firmer tone. Also, corn consists of a lot of beta-cryptoxanthin which has antioxidant effect so it helps slow the aging process of your skin.
Besides eating corn for beautiful skin, you can also make simple masks from corn flour to take care of and protect the skin effectively. In the today’s article, we will bring you five beauty recipes with corn flour, which bring the flawless and shiny skin.
- Corn Flour and Egg White
100g egg white contains 10.3% protein, 0.01% fat, 0.03% calcium, 0.026% phosphorus, 0.001% iron, vitamin B2, B6, and B8 (biotin). Nearly half of protein in an egg is in the egg white; the rest is concentrated in the yolk and eggshell. Protein in the white is mostly of the simple type, in the soluble state, consists of eight different types such as albumin, ovomucin, globulin, avidin, amino acids, etc. Albumin protein helps to enhance collagen production, regenerate and increase the elasticity of the skin. Additionally, the internal vitamin B2 of egg white also has the effect of perfecting red blood cells and regenerating the skin and muscles. The combination of corn flour and egg white will bring you perfect skin quickly.
- ½ cup of corn flour
- 1 egg white
- Add corn flour and egg white to a clean bowl and mix them well to make a smooth paste
- Wash your face with warm water and use a towel to dry it
- Apply the paste to your face manually or by using a soft brush and leave it for 20 minutes
- Wash off the paste with warm water and gently massage your face
- Use this face pack 2-3 times a week. You will see your skin toned up after about a month
- Corn Flour And Lemon Juice
Lemon is not only the fruit that is significant contributions to the deliciousness of the food, the essential ingredients to make the delicious drinks, but also a considerable part of the recipe for flawless skin. But not everyone knows how to use it. With the rich content of vitamin C, amino acids, and other nutrients, fresh lemon is considered the perfect food for you to purify and eliminate toxins from your body. The properties in lemon juice will help you treat acne and eczema, help reduce the aging and prevent wrinkles and blackhead effectively. Face pack with corn flour and lemon juice is a perfect way for you to own glow and clean skin.
- 1/2 cup of corn flour
- 3 tsp. of lemon juice
- Add corn flour and lemon juice to a bowl and mix them well to make a paste
- Wash your face and dry it using a soft towel
- Apply the glue to your face and leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash off your face with cold water
- Apply this pack twice a week
Note: This remedy is not suitable for people with dry skin
- Corn Flour, Grape Fruit Juice And Yogurt
Grapefruit is a fruit rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C, which is helpful in lightening the dullness and toning your skin. Grapefruit also contains antioxidants, protecting your skin against the damages caused by free radical as well as other environmental factors. It also helps promote collagen production, thus making your skin smoother and limiting the appearance of wrinkles. Yogurt contains an alpha hydroxyl acid and lactic acid, which contributes to exfoliating the skin gently, brightening your face, and preventing the appearance of acne on your face. Also, yogurt helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles as well as dull skin. Using cornstarch with grapefruit juice and yogurt regularly will help your skin grow stronger and brighter.
- 4 tsp. of corn flour
- 4 tsp. of grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp. of sugar-free yogurt
- Add corn flour, grapefruit juice, and yogurt to a bowl and mix them well
- Cover the pot and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Wash your face with warm water and dry it with a soft towel
- Apply the mixture to your face and massage your face for 2 minutes
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash your face with fresh water
- Repeat this remedy 3 times a week
- Corn Flour And Carrot
Carrots contain vitamins A and K which are antioxidants to help protect your skin by limiting the formation of free radicals that cause skin aging. Vitamin A in carrots also helps to prevent the appearance of acne and treat acne effectively. Additionally, carrots contain vitamin C which contributes to reducing the occurrence of brown spots, enhancing collagen production, blurring blemishes, and promoting the skin’s defense. Carrots also contain another useful component for skin such as beta-carotene, which sloughs off the dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new cells to keep your skin youthful and refreshed. Vitamin E in carrots moisturizes the skin and contributes to lightening the scars on your skin. Your skin will be healthy and fresh with the help of corn flour and carrot mask.
- 1 small carrot
- 4 tsp. of corn flour
- Wash off the carrot, peel off, cut into pieces, put in a blender and blend well until smooth
- Add 4 tsp. of corn flour and 4 tsp. of blended carrot to a bowl and mix them well
- Wash your face and apply the above mixture
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash your face with cleanser
- Repeat this method twice a week
- Corn Flour And Milk
Milk contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid helping to slough off dead skin cells and also stimulates cell regeneration. This exfoliating feature of milk is ideal for reducing wrinkles, pigmentation on the skin, and tone up your skin. Milk contains a lot of amino acids, which helps to retain water and moisturize the skin. Also, milk is rich in antioxidants, which contributes to fighting free radicals and environmental toxins. The antioxidant power of milk can help improve cellular function and elasticity of the skin and enhance collagen production in the skin.
- 4 tsp. of corn flour
- 2 tsp. of sugar-free milk
- Add corn flour and milk to a bowl and mix them well to make a smooth paste
- Cleanse your face with warm water
- Apply the glue to your face and gently massage your face for 1-2 minutes
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water
- Use this recipe 3 times a week
- You can also apply this method to whiten your body skin.
*Note: If you are sensitive to lactose, you should not use this type of face mask as it can lead to irritation or allergies.
Here are five recipes to make face packs from corn flour for the perfect and flawless skin. All of them are safe and effective. Wish you have great skin with these recipes.
This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with many years of experience in searching the best natural & effective remedies for health and beauty issues. All content provided is for informational and educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.